Permedia™ Viewers Software
Mapping - Model Building
Use Prospector to build basin models on the fly from a set of stacked depth maps:
- Drag horizons into Prospector and assign ages and types.
- Pick any point in the map to view burial histories calculated on the fly.
- Create a cross section from a transect and view it in 2D Viewer; changes to the transect are immediately reflected in the cross section, and changes to any of the maps automatically update the model.
- Assign rock property information to horizons and conduct a pressure and temperature simulation (in 2D or 3D).
- Use the migration solver to query the dynamic cross section.
- Assign source properties to the horizons to be carried forward into any 3D model.
Basin model pre-processing
Use Map Viewer's basin model pre-processing tools to correct and enhance your map set:
- fix crossed maps
- fix holes and extend maps
- create maps from pointsets using a variety of functions or kriging
- smooth and refine maps
- merge maps
- use the map calculator to perform arithmetic operations using equations
Map Viewer also supports a variety of vector data formats, including ZMap, Irap, ESRI, Gocad, Temis, and EarthVision formats so that you can co-render cultural data.
Calculate burial histories on the fly.
View interactive model cross sections; calculate model pressures and temperatures on the 2D section.
|3D models from maps
Use depth and facies maps to create high-resolution 3D models that can be used as an input to any Permedia simulators.
Temperature Map (PDF, 324 KB)
Use Curve Editor to create a temperature map.
Expulsion Maps (PDF, 480 KB)
Use Map Viewer to create generation and expulsion maps of light and heavy components.